Tuesday, October 25, 2011

And... they blow it

This past game is one of the most disappointing and hardest losses (there are many) I have ever had as a Dolphins fan.  Not only did the team collapse in the final two and a half minutes, but they did it after controlling the whole game and allowing Tim Tebow of all people to win it.  Being a lifelong Seminoles fan it makes it extremely tough that a Gator came in and decimated my team in the final minutes.  After struggling against the Dolphins defense and producing no points, Tebow scored two touchdowns and a two point conversion to send the game into overtime.

The Broncos game was also the most winnable game on the schedule and this makes the possibility of the Dolphins going 0-16 more likely.  After this game, the Eagles are the only team left on the schedule with a loosing record, but they have the potential to be much better than they have played this year.  As each game goes on the more likely it becomes that the Dolphins will join the 1976 Buccaneers and the 2008 Lions as the only teams in the modern football era to loose all of their games.  Such futility would put the Dolphins as one of the worst teams ever, but give them a very good shot at Andrew Luck.  Such a situation is a terrible one to be as a fan, but above all I hope my team can at least win one game this season.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to see Tebow doing well. After all the hype I had to live with as a college fan... no offense...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you heard about the "Suck for Luck" campaign? I think it is absolutely hilarious. Good luck to your Dolphins in that! Also, check out my blog as I characterize your very own Dolphins as Charlie Brown in my Halloween Special! www.scottbacker.com/forkintheroad

    ReplyDelete